What does «jalapa» mean in spanish?
- North American convolvulaceous plant. It is perennial and reddish stem. Named Ipomoea purga, it is a species of phanerogamous plant belonging to the genus Ipomoea. The jalapa has been known in Europe since the beginning of the 17th century, deriving its name from the city of Xalapa.
- That of this root. It has purgative properties. It is the size of a carrot and is blackish on the outside but white on the inside.
- Syrup made from the resin prepared from the root of the same name.
- Jalapeño, from Jalapa (Guatemala).
- Plant, also called spurge (Euphorbia lathyris) from which its seeds are used to extract oil for industrial applications. It is produced in India, China and Brazil.