What does «o» mean in spanish?
- Sixteenth letter of the Spanish alphabet and fourth of its vowels.
- O, chemical symbol for oxygen.
- O., abbreviation for West.
- Denotes alternative or difference. Example: ir o venir.
- It also denotes the idea of equivalence, meaning either, that is. Observation: "o" is stressed when it is between two numerals so that it cannot be confused with zero. For example, it is worth 50 or 60 pesos. Instead of "o" we use "u" when the following word begins with "o" or "ho". For example, setecientos or ochocientos empleados; Nicaragua or Honduras.