10 sentences with 'kingdom'
Example sentences and phrases with the word kingdom and other words derived from it.
• « One day, while passing through the Guo kingdom, Bian learned that the prince was unconscious and believed to be dead. »
• « The kingdom of Osiris was an area of the Tuat called Sekhet Aaru. »
• « Many Europeans in the Middle Ages came to believe that, although they spoke different languages and had different rulers, they were united as part of "Christendom": the kingdom of Christ and of Christians. »
• « The Middle Kingdom was the next great Egyptian kingdom of the ancient world. »
• « The ruler of the city of Thebes reunified the kingdom and established himself as the new king (Mentuhotep II, r. 2060 - 2010 BCE). »
• « From the Middle Kingdom onwards, kings made a great effort to extend Egypt's power and influence beyond the traditional 'core' of the kingdom into Egypt itself. »
• « While Assyria in northern Mesopotamia survived the collapse, it lost its territories in the south to Elan, a warlike kingdom based in present-day southern Iran. »
• « Lydia, a kingdom in western Anatolia, controlled important sources of gold (giving rise to the Greek legend of King Midas, who turned everything he touched into gold). »
• « The Assyrians equipped their large armies with well-made iron weapons (they appear to be the first major kingdom to manufacture iron weapons in large numbers). »