9 sentences with 'youth'
Example sentences and phrases with the word youth and other words derived from it.
• « A farmer in his youth, Ford quickly showed an interest in machinery, and was only interested in jobs that could be done by machines. »
• « 4. Confirmation - the promise to be a faithful member of the Church taken in one's youth. »
• « What Italian Fascism did for the Italian people was essentially ideological and, in a sense, emotional: it led youth movements and recreational clubs and sought the participation of all Italians. »
• « The Nazi party set up youth organisations, workers' and farmers' wings, and women's groups. »
• « The entire youth movement of the 1960s and 1970s was deeply rooted in the anti-war stance provoked by the US government's mendacious press campaigns about the war, the atrocities committed against Vietnamese civilians and the profound unpopularity of the draft. »
• « A child born in 1946 was a teenager in the early 1960s, which in turn fuelled the massive explosion of popular music that gave rise to the most iconic musical expression of youth culture: rock and roll. »
• « Far more significant in terms of its cultural and social impact than the post-war philosophy was the global youth movement of the 1960s and 1970s. »
• « Chuck Jones, a cartoon film director who has won two Oscars and entertained generations with characters like Bugs Bunny, nearly dropped out of art school in his youth when, in his first life drawing class, he became discouraged when he compared his skills to those of the other students. »