10 sentences with 'electricity'
Example sentences and phrases with the word electricity and other words derived from it.
• « In that luminous instant, the electricity from the lightning heats the surrounding air to 28,000° C., five times the temperature of the Sun's surface. »
• « How does one charge a thunderstorm cloud with electricity to such a degree to produce a lightning bolt? The process is very complex and little understood. »
• « "We go for days without telephone service, electricity, radio batteries, heat or water. Don't ask me how we get the paper out in these conditions," he says. »
• « Did you know that for many years there was no running water, no electricity, no refrigerator and no television in the cabin? »
• « Twenty-five tonnes of helium-3 can provide as much electricity as the United States consumes in an entire year. And that cargo fits into the holds of a space shuttle. »
• « Scientists estimate that the amount of helium-3 deposited on the moon would be enough to supply the Earth with electricity for a thousand years, if consumption remained stable. »
• « Let's try to describe a world without electricity. Beyond idyllic landscapes, or the idea of "going back to nature", the truth is that we consume electricity almost continuously on a daily basis. »
• « Absolutely every appliance that requires electricity to operate releases an invisible force into the environment that scientists have called "induced magnetic fields". It can be said that we live under a continuous bombardment of energy which, over the last thirty years, has multiplied in intensity about... a billion times. »
• « As with other phenomena - atomic behaviour, light, etc. - man has tamed electricity; he generates it and distributes it wherever he wishes, but he has not yet come to know its essence. »