9 sentences with 'called'
Example sentences and phrases with the word called and other words derived from it.
• « In the German weekly Der Spiegel, Werner Steuber, head of the German-Swiss Association of Overseas Property Owners, called the project a "typical case of real estate criminality". »
• « John Kipling, as they called the little boy, turned out to be an intelligent, cheerful and docile child. »
• « "My son's name was John. Therefore yours must be called Jean, the French equivalent," he wrote to Hamonneau. »
• « But when Dorothy called him, he raised his head, pricked up his ears and began to tremble with obvious excitement. »
• « We arrived just after sunset and called out to the boys. »
• « The brigade called other gang members to a meeting and warned them: »