7 sentences with 'natives'
Example sentences and phrases with the word natives and other words derived from it.
• « This is one of the cases of "multiple souls": the person is inside the image, but the natives assume that there is a ghost on the loose and that the real soul is in the heights, in a happy world. »
• « The most famous Greek philosophers - Socrates, Plato and Aristotle - were either natives of Athens (Socrates and Plato) or studied and taught in Athens (Aristotle). »
• « In addition to the explorers' accounts, Greeks in Hellenistic lands enjoyed stories and histories of foreign lands written by the natives of those lands. »
• « Historians refer to the demographic catastrophe that accompanied the European encounter with the Americas as the Great Dying. Up to 90% of the natives of the Americas died within a few generations of Columbus' arrival. »
• « Ferdinand Magellan succeeded in rounding South America and crossing the Pacific, but was killed by natives in the Philippines in 1521. »
• « The British and the white Kenyan natives reacted to the uprising by creating concentration camps, imprisoning the rebels and slowly starving them to death in the hills. »
• « Friar R. Pané, a member of Christopher Columbus' second voyage to the New World, was perplexed as he wrote his manuscript. The natives - of whom he knew a few Central Americans - consumed between 80 and 100 hallucinogenic plants. European witches used barely a dozen - belladonna (Atropa belladonna), henbane (Hyoscyamus), mandrake (generic name) - for their concoctions. »