6 sentences with 'virtually'
Example sentences and phrases with the word virtually and other words derived from it.
• « It became clear during his reign that the emperor's authority was virtually unlimited, as both emperors issued imperial proclamations known as "rescripts" while outside Rome that carried the force of law. »
• « Outside the monasteries, churches were built in virtually every town and village (and many small towns) in the Roman sphere of influence. »
• « While most political marriages in Byzantium, as in virtually all pre-modern societies, had nothing to do with love or even attraction, Theodora and Justinian clearly shared both genuine affection for each other and intellectual kinship. »
• « In many cases, towns were virtually politically independent, although they usually had to recognise the general authority of the king or local lord. »
• « By the late 1400s virtually every royal court in Europe, the Middle East and North Africa had a Venetian ambassador in residence. »